Friday, October 29, 2021

My Hobbies Over The Years

Introduction 

Over the years I have collected some interesting things. The things that I have collected are the things that I have enjoy collecting. This article will show some of the things that I have collected over the years. These are my personal hobby that I enjoy doing over the years.

Sports Trading Cards


The first thing that I collect are sports trading cards. I been collecting cards since 1978. Some of collection dates back to 1970. I also have some reprints of of older cards like the 1953 Milwaukee Braves and Johnson Cookie Factory promotional Milwaukee Braves. My collection mainly from sports teams from Milwaukee, like the Brewers, Bucks and Milwaukee Admirals (minor league hockey). In my collection, I own about 4,000 to 5,000 cards mostly baseball and mainly team sets. The most treasured card which I have is the Robin Yount rookie card.


When I started my collection back in 1978 I used to buy packs of baseball cards and at times traded with some of my friends. I tried to collect complete sets of that year's cards, but I soon found out that it was hard to do and to concentrate on collecting my favorite local teams in each sport. As the years went by I went to sports cards shows where I have traded some of my cards that I didn't need for the ones that I did need to add to my collection. I have also went to card shops to obtain team sets that I have needed.

Lapel Pins


The second thing that I enjoy collecting are lapel pins. I have started collected lapel pins when I used to work for McDonald's back in the late 1980's early 1990's. Some of the things that I have in this collection are sports, McDonald's, Wisconsin State Fair pins, service pins from work. Some of the pins that I received was from work and from some people who saw me wearing my pins and asked me if I collect them and I told them that yes I do collect them, so the next time that I saw them they gave me a pin or two. There are some of them like half of my Wisconsin State Fair pins that I have actually bought out of my own money.

Peanuts Collection 


The third thing that collect is anything that is related to Peanuts. Ever since I was a kid I enjoyed watching the holiday specials that was on television. But some of the things that I have in this collection are books, glassware, stuff Snoopy toys, DVDs to name a few.


Taking up a Hobby 

These are examples of things that you do. You can also take up hobbies as well. You have collect thing similar to this but there are other types of things you can do like playing a musical instrument, playing board games, fishing plus other things. 

I hope that you take up some kind of hobby to fill some of your time to keep you busy. Have fun and happy hobby.


*Pictures are from I have taken. 

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home